Recommended Medical Websites
Below please find a list of useful links and helpful resources for parents and patients of Pediatric Plus. Many of these are government healthcare websites and are intended to help you find publicly available healthcare information. These resources are updated regularly so be sure to check back from time to time.
- Health Insurance resources For Patients and Families
- Free/Low-cost insurance
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
The AAP is dedicated to the health of all children. Its web site provides reliable and authoritative advice on a variety of child health issues, including immunizations.
- AAP’s HealthyChildren.org Website
The AAP’s new interactive and customization website providing reliable advice for parents and health care professionals.
- AAP’s Immunization Information Resources
A comprehensive immunization information site for parents and clinicians sponsored by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC)
The CDC serves as the national focus for promoting health and quality of life through its efforts to prevent and control disease, injury, and disability.
- CDCs Parent Portal: Health Topics for Pregnancy, Infants & Toddlers, Children, and Teens
A collection of articles and fact sheets from the CDC on a variety of topics relating to pregnancy and child health.
- CDC Home Page for Vaccines and Immunizations
The CDC’s website for information on childhood and adult vaccines and immunizations.
- Immunization Action Coalition
A comprehensive link to the most up-to-date, expert immunization resources available via the Internet.
- CDC website on Autism
The CDC’s Autism Information Center, with information on Autism Spectrum Disorders. Addresses concerns about vaccines and autism.
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Information about allergic diseases. Includes a Patient/Public Resource Center and a Just For Kids section of resources and puzzles.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
Resources for patients with food allergies or who are at risk for severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis).
- The Compassionate Friends Web Site for Grieving Families
The mission of The Compassionate Friends is to assist families toward the positive resolution of grief following the death of a child of any age and to provide information to help others be supportive.